The Development Planning sub-committee is made up of representatives from all planning authorities. In addition, there is representation from the Scottish Government Planning and Architecture Division.
- To provide support, guidance and advice to the HOPS Executive Committee in respect of Development Planning and related matters, which are not within the role and remit of the other Sub Committees.
- To influence and develop opportunities to work collaboratively to make positive contribution to Development Planning and related matters.
- Consider key cross-cutting Development Planning and related issues across Planning Authorities and primarily with the Scottish Government, RTPI and the Key Agencies.
- Determine what relevant consultations should be responded to.
- Discuss and prepare consultation responses, for consideration by the HOPS Executive Committee or directly if delegated to the Sub-Committee.
- Assist with the continual improvement of the Planning Performance Framework, in particular, indicators, scope and contents as they relate to Development Planning and related matters.
- Work with the Scottish Government in respect of any proposed changes to the legislation.
- Share development of innovative work and good practice.
- Provide regular updates for the HOPS website and all agenda papers and notes of meetings.
- Appoint officers to internal and external working groups as required.
- The Sub-Committee Chair to provide recommendations to the Executive Committee of any new membership.
Remit achieved by
- Having a clear programme of work including what working groups the Development Planning Sub-Committee is providing a representative from the wider HOPS membership.
- Ensuring that all representatives on such groups proved a written briefing note on the progress of those groups to each Sub-Committee meeting as required.
- Having a membership which is well informed with a sound understanding of the development Planning process and related matters.
- Identifying areas of collaboration, best practice and innovation to positively improve the planning system.
- Focusing on key issues, best practice, shared experiences, formal an informal benchmarking and the commission of any surveys or audits across all Planning Authorities, when considered necessary.
The Sub-Committee will take an open an inclusive approach to its work with members disseminating information to and being informed by the wider HOPS membership.