Welcome to Heads of Planning Scotland
Heads of Planning Scotland (HOPS) is the representative organisation for senior planning officers from Scotland’s local authorities, national park authorities and strategic development planning authorities.
The purpose of HOPS is to:
- Promote the profile of public sector land use planning
- Support and promote excellence in planning leadership
- Ensure the delivery of a culture of continuous improvement in planning authorities, and
- Provide advocacy and coordination to ensure that planning authorities are properly resourced to deliver quality outcomes.
HOPS has an Executive Committee which oversees its activities, supported by four sub-committees
- Development Management
- Development Planning
- Performance & Practice
- Climate Change, Energy & Resources
For more information about HOPS or wish to contact us please use this form.