Planning Act Support
- Collaborating with the Scottish Government on their Skills and Leadership working group.
- Respond to consultations associated with the Planning (2019) Act related to performance, fees and skills. Continue to work in collaboration with Scottish Government and other stakeholders to shape emerging requirements, including revision of the PPF.
- Coordinate surveys of Planning Authorities to establish the impact of changes to the statutory planning fee income across Scotland
- Collaborating with the Digital Planning Team at the Scottish Government on the actions set out in the digital planning strategy, particularly involvement in the Digital Planning Programme and the ‘Governance Mission’ workstream of the Digital Strategy
- Oversee the work of the HOPS Digital Planning Working Group
Planning Skills, Training and Education
- HOPS are represented on the Partners in Planning working group
- HOPS will continue to input into the actions presented in the Future Planners report
Planning Service Resources
- Continue to consider resourcing planning in context of Planning Act provisions. Carrying out monitoring work with all planning authorities looking at the impact of COVID-19 on planning applications, fee income and business practice
- HOPS are assisting the Scottish Government with ongoing PPF work
- HOPS wish to assist the Planning Performance Co-ordinator when they come into post
- HOPS will work with the Improvement Service to review planning indicators in the Local Government Benchmarking Framework