The Energy and Resources sub-committee is an opt in sub-committee which can be made up of representatives from all planning authorities. In additional to this there is representation from the Scottish Government Planning and Architecture Division, Scottish Government Energy and Consents Unit, the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency and Scottish Natural Heritage.
- To provide support, guidance and advice to the HOPS Executive Committee, in respect of planning matters relating to energy generation and resources, including coal, minerals, oil, gas and waste.
- To influence and develop opportunities to work collaboratively, representing planning authority interests in relation to energy generation and resources.
- Consider key cross-cutting related energy generation and resources issues across planning authorities, and with the Scottish Government, Key Agencies and the relevant stakeholders.
- Discuss and prepare consultation responses, as required, for the consideration of the HOPS Executive Committee or directly if delegated to the Sub-Committee.
- Work with the Scottish Government in respect of any proposed changes to the legislation.
- Share development of innovative work and good practice.
- Provide regular updates for the HOPS website and all agenda papers and notes of meetings.
- Appoint officers to internal and external working groups as required.
- The Sub-Committee Chair to provide recommendations to the Executive Committee of any new membership.
The Sub-Committee will take an open an inclusive approach to its work, with members disseminating information to and being informed by the wider HOPS membership.