The Climate Change, Energy and Resources sub-committee is an opt in sub-committee which can be made up of representatives from all planning authorities. In additional to this there is representation from the Scottish Government Planning & Architecture Division, Scottish Government Energy & Consents Unit, Scottish Government Marine Planning, the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency and Scottish Natural Heritage.
- To provide support, guidance and advice to the HOPS Executive Committee, in respect of planning matters relating to energy generation and resources, including coal, minerals, oil, gas and waste.
- To influence and develop opportunities to work collaboratively, representing planning authority interests in relation to energy generation and resources.
- Consider key cross-cutting related energy generation and resources issues across planning authorities, and with the Scottish Government, Key Agencies and the relevant stakeholders.
- Discuss and prepare consultation responses, as required, for the consideration of the HOPS Executive Committee or directly if delegated to the Sub-Committee.
- Work with the Scottish Government in respect of any proposed changes to the legislation.
- Share development of innovative work and good practice.
- Provide regular updates for the HOPS website and all agenda papers and notes of meetings.
- Appoint officers to internal and external working groups as required.
- The Sub-Committee Chair to provide recommendations to the Executive Committee of any new membership.
The Sub-Committee will take an open an inclusive approach to its work, with members disseminating information to and being informed by the wider HOPS membership.